Using native plants in a landscape design provides beauty, functionality, and reduced maintenance cost. In addition, the plants have a better survival rate since they have already adapted to climate, soils, and water.
The following are ways to incorporated native plants into an Austin design:
- Native plants for shade gardens
- Striking autumn and spring colors
- Deer resistant plants
- Plants that attract butterflies or beneficial insects
- Plants prefered by certain bird species
- Evergreen shrubs and trees to create privacy barriers
- Easy-to-grow evergreen groundcovers
- Attractive and low-maintenance flowering shrubs
- Natural wildflower field or meadow
- Organic pond or creek
- Botanical gardens
Designers at Allandale Lawn & Landscape incorporate many natural elements to a landscape design. It is important to consider year-round weather conditions as well as animal influences in the area.