Adding stone work into a landscape design enhances the plants and shrubs in the landscape. The aesthetic and functional use of stone can raise the value of your property.
Whether composed of concrete, stone, or some other hardscape material, patios are a wonderful way to tie the indoors the outdoors, thereby uniting house and landscape effectively and creating outdoor living spaces. In regions plagued by drought, or for homeowners who want a low-maintenance landscape, an interesting alternative to lawns is the extended patio, which is simply an enlarged patio that takes up space where lawn grass would otherwise be planted.
The use of stone includes, but is not limited to:
- Stone fountains
- Patio floors/walls
- Paths, including garden stepping stone walkways
- Walls for a cold frame
- Columns to support car ports
- Pergola columns
- Foundations for gazebos and other outbuildings
- Stone outbuildings in lieu of wooden outdoor storage sheds
- Foundations for porches and decks
- Accent pieces for water gardens and, of course, rock gardens
- Stone walls
We specialize in maximizing usable outdoor living space to take advantage of Austin's climate and views.